The 5100 Series shock absorbers for the 2007-2011 BMW 3 Series 335i (E9X) utilize inverted / upside down technology. The inverted design is race proven technology and produces an extremely strong damper, providing better suspension geometry under heavy lateral and braking loads as seen in a road and track environment.
The 5100 Series shock absorbers give your car a better performance than the standard twin tube design. With the 5100 Series suspension you can adjust rebound with one knob. The adjust platform allows you to adjust the ride height of your car. AST suspension shock bodies are specially designed to keep maximum stroke, even with a lower ride height.
- 2007 BMW 3 Series 335i (E9X)
- 2008 BMW 3 Series 335i (E9X)
- 2009 BMW 3 Series 335i (E9X)
- 2010 BMW 3 Series 335i (E9X)
- 2011 BMW 3 Series 335i (E9X)
- Floating piston design with high pressure nitrogen means no cavitation around the piston.
- 14mm diameter internal shaft.
- 44.5 mm diameter shaft struts, inverted.
- Steel cylinder body shocks, inverted.
- High end, track ready suspension.
- Rebound adjustable ('Singles').
- Low friction seal.
- Adjuster knobs permanently mounted on the dampers.
- Designed to use OEM top mounts.
- Rubber bushings for 'eye' shock mounts.
- Includes springs.
- Optional spherical top mounts.
- Optional DLC (diamond like carbon) coated shafts.
- Optional DDP (double digressive piston).
- Double Digressive Pistons are recommended for use on the non-driven wheels.
- 4WD/FWD vehicles: DD pistons for both rear axle struts/shocks.
- RWD vehicles: DD pistons for both front axle struts/shocks.
- Optional custom valving.